World’s Top 10 Fastest Cars: 2010 – 2011
It’s not easier to find the world’s fastest cars available in the market now. Lets have a look at the top 10 street legal fastest cars in the world. Due to the economical meltdown this list actually did not change from the end of 2008. Lets hope that manufacturers will produce more faster cars in the future!
10. Pagani Zonda F; 215 mph, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds – The Pagani Zonda is a mid engined sports car which debuted in 1999. This car is constructed mainly by carbon fiber. This powerful car, the Pagani Zonda worths about $741,000 and it’s the third most expensive car in the entire world. This car yielded more attention at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show.
9. Jaguar XJ 220; 217 mph, 0-60 in 4.0 seconds – This car is driven by a V6 engine that packs 542 horsepower. Being released in 1992, this is one of the oldest but still got what it takes to remain the round of ten of hot wheels. Only 281 cars were made and by 1997, few of these remained available for sale new at £150,000.
8. Ferrari Enzo; 217 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds – Ferrari has been the craze among car lovers and the Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher has added more craze to it. The Enzo Ferrari uses Formula 1 technology which has a twelve-cylinder engine and named after Enzo Ferrari, the company’s founder. It has a Carbon fiber body, carbon-ceramic brake disks and active aerodynamics. This beautiful car has won the hearts of Ferrari lovers. It costs about $1,000,000.
7. Ascari A10; 220 mph, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds – Although designed for racing A10 is intended to be a usable car on the road. It is engineered and hand built in Banbury, England featuring a modified 5.0 L BMW V8 engine producing 625 bhp at a price of approximately $650,000 USD. Only 50 A10s lucky owners will have a chance to own one.
6. Gumpert Apollo; 220 mph, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds – It is a mid-engined super car with a rear wheel drive two-seater constructed on a tubular chromoly frame, with fiberglass or optional carbon fiber body panels produced by a German automaker in Altenburg. There are 3 engine types available with the race version rated at 789.06 bhp. Production of this model started in October 2005 with a starting price of $400,000 USD.
5. McLaren F1; 240 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds – It is driven by powerhouse V12 engine that packs 62y horsepower. It is more popular for its trademark doors that resemble bat wings. McLaren produced and sold the standard F1 models at a price tag of around 970 000 USD, until 1998. Today this car can be sold to nearly twice that of the original price.
4. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo; 248 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds – This super fast car is powered by an 100% aluminum V8 engine packing with 750 horsepower. This twin-turbocharged monster went on sale for $585,296 USD in 2005. It also offers an optional competition package with 33% increase in power.
3. Koenigsegg CCX; 250 mph+, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds – Koenigsegg CCX is a mid-engined car produced by the Swedish car manufacturer Koenigsegg. The abbreviation for CCX is Competition Coupe X. This car generated more interest among cars lovers. With its capacity to generate 601KW power, this car is an excellent piece of art made of aluminum. This car is worth about $600,910.
2. SSC Ultimate Aero; 257 mph, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds – This car was acknowledged as the fastest car in March 2007 by Guinness world records. It is Only 24 cars were produced from 2006-2007 powered by a twin-turbo engine that packs an astounding 1183 horsepower. Its available at a price of US $485,000.
1. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport; 267 mph, 0-60 in 2.2 seconds – It’s a lightweight super car powered by 8.0-liter W16 engine with 1200 horsepower available for sale at $2,400,000. It’s the fastest and the highest priced car among these beauties. This car was produced by Volkswagen Group subsidiary Bugatti Automobiles which was introduced in 2005 as the fastest production car in the world.